Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Next

Saturday I woke up and we, (my dad, brother, and I) went to Chile Pepper for lunch, and then to the Coffee Bean to meet my mother and her mother, who I call Grandee, for drinks. I forgot my teeth, but it was no matter. Then my mom and I left and picked up Libby, and returned home. I changed clothes, and brushed my teeth, and put my retainers in. then we left and went to the Annual Tower Lighting. The Tower Lighting is something I think is Unique to Yuma. We have a giant water tower on the top of the only real hill in Yuma, and it presides over both the plateau above the hill, and the valley below. It is visible from anywhere in the town. Around Christmastime, there are lights on the tower that… ugh... it’s difficult to explain. There are lights on the tower that make the tower look like it is shaped like a Christmas tree. They hold a big ceremony every year for when they light it, and it was this Saturday. Kristin and the dance company she is a part of were dancing in it, so we went. Libby and I cuddled on the top of the bleachers and watched. Afterwards, we walked to my Grandma’s house, which is really just across the street from where the Tower Lighting is held. Oh how she teased me. Any who, then my brother and dad came and picked us up to take us home. We went to my house, where Kristin was waiting. We hung out for awhile, until my parents told us we were going to the movies. I changed and we went. My parents and brother watched Immortals, while Libby, Kristin, and I watched Breaking Dawn Pt. 1. After all the hype is over, it wasn’t nearly that bad. I mean yes, there were parts that could have been improved upon, and parts that weren’t true to the book, but the emotion was definitely there, and the acting was much improved. Plus, vampire movies put Libby in this… mood… this lovely, bitey mood. J
We then dropped off Libby and Kristin at Libby’s house to sleep over. (I wasn’t allowed because my parents suck ass)

No comments:

Post a Comment