Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday

I’ve decided to wear more black.
At Champion Youth Culture (CYC), my church youth group, last night, I wore my black “Life’s not short, it’s just that you’re dead for so long” shirt, my black plaid ripped supertight jeans, my black Wal-Mart knockoffs, my black Hard Rock Cafe hoodie, and super heavy black eyeliner with grey eye shadow. I wish I could get a hold of some really good brushes; I would brush black into the hollows on my cheeks, to make my face look thinner.
I got my permit on Friday. Spent Saturday at Saturday school, Mr. DeDecker said it was too windy to work outside, so we sat in his room and “did homework.” Afterward, my dad grabbed my permit from the house and we went driving in the old Kmart parking lot, and then drove up 32nd, over on Pacific, and then up to Yuma Marine. We looked at boats, and then dad drove over to this dirt road place. We switched and I drove for a long time, about a block away from any paved roads, next to train tracks. We sat and watched a 125 car train go by, and then drove to the jack-in-the-box for brunch. I ate a lot, but it was about noon, and the first thing I had eaten all weekend, so it was okay. I then drove home. That night I drove to Mrs. Hall’s house to drop off my 4-H notebook. My parents let me sleep in and miss church on Sunday. Then I drove out to the horse stables and went on a trail ride on my babygirl, Apparoe. Appy rode beautifully. April went along with me on her horse, Tempest. Tempest is a skittish, silly cute thing, and was deathly afraid of the water tank. She wouldn’t let us pass it. I drove back home, and then did all my chores. I drove to CYC, and got to give my information to the band people so that I can start singing with them, onstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment